[Libreoffice] Is testing/testautomation really needed ?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Feb 18 00:38:59 PST 2011

Hi Francois,

Francois Tigeot píše v Čt 17. 02. 2011 v 23:32 +0100:

> Following the removal of files in testing/testautomation/framework/optional
> I had a look in test/testautomation/ and the files there seemed largely
> unused.

Which exactly do you have in mind?

> I have removed this directory from my local git tree; I had no trouble
> building and installing LibreOffice afterwards.

Yes, testautomation is not needed during the build or installation; it
is a set of tests that can run standalone, after the installation of
LibreOffice.

The tests somehow emulate the user behavior; this approach has its
problems (lots of 'sleep 10' in the code, takes incredibly long to run,
UI modifications tend to break lots of tests), but still seems to have
some value, from time to time it finds an error or 2 :-)

Regards,
Kendy