[Libreoffice] Tools - Media Player

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at novell.com
Fri Feb 25 03:05:30 PST 2011

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:26:55PM +0100, Thomas Arnhold wrote:
> Hi Yifan,
>
> On 02/23/2011 10:47 AM, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> > I guess end-users could still bring the menu item back using the menu
> > customization UI (Tools->Customize...->Menus). Is that right?
>
> That's possible. But for writer and calc the background calls are gone.
> So it won't work.

There's another entry button of the media play in the customized toolbar
set. So I think this would also not work based on the context?

> Maybe I re-enable them, so someone could still
> customize his menus with Media Player enabled.

This would be perfectly acceptable in my personal opinion. We don't actually
know who will use the stand-alone player in other apps rather than impress, I
mean it depends on the end users' personal favour and habits.  So IMHO, we
should be cautious to *totally* take out an existing feature.

Michael? What about your opinion of this?

Best regards,
Yifan