[Libreoffice] bits ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Feb 25 02:22:57 PST 2011

Hi Zongbo,

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 23:24 +0100, Zongbo Zhang wrote:
> Big thanks goes to Michael Meeks, finally a real good person
> here is willing to answer my question! :)

	Honestly - many are willing - but many are busy; we have exciting
scaling problems, and struggle to review all the good work flowing in so
sweetly.

> dmake:  Error code 3, while making 'test'
> Retrying /home/zzh/git/libo/svl/qa/unit
>
> Making:    qa_unit.dll

	So - you are building on Windows - ah ! I didn't notice that :-)
indeed, this makes you brave as a lion, and treading a path where there
are many bears in need of correction :-) As/when the tinderbox and
windows builds are rock-solid, hopefully the day-to-day quality of the
Windows build will improve: but it is a pitiful platform - hard to build
for, slow to compile, which is why most developers use and fix for
Linux. So, welcome, there is plenty of useful work to do there,
reporting and helping to fix problems.

	Thanks,

		Michael.