[Libreoffice] OpenSuse 11-4-rc2 claiims LibreOffice has minor bugs

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Feb 28 08:08:41 PST 2011

Le 2011-02-28 06:52, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
> On Monday, February 28, 2011 11:55:28 Michael Meeks wrote:
>> Hi Marc / AJ,
>>
>> On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 21:56 -0500, Marc Paré wrote:
>>> We just had this posted on the Marketing list. I am not sure if this is
>>> true. Can anyone comment on this? Are there reports of loss of data?
>>
>> 	This is news to me too; AJ - where did this block come from:
>
> I'm already on it - but indeed, I have not found evidence yet.
>
>>> raft of new functionality has created a few specific issues, such as
>>> loss of data in tables. Though not quite ready for the production
>>
>> 	And why ? it would be extraordinarily helpful to know - we're not aware
>> of this bug, and it sounds serious. It would also be great to know who
>> was pinged from the SUSE / LibreOffice team before including that.
>
> Andreas

Thanks Michael and Andreas

I am just as annoyed as you seem to be to see these claims. The message
come to our Marketing pages here:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentation.libreoffice.marketing/2573

If this is an official part of the OpenSuse project and if it is not
based on facts I would like to see a retraction on their part. I have no
idea from where they got their information.

I don't think that leaving a note, in my name, on their comments box
would make enough impact. It would have to be someone with recognized
authority to question it.

The claim of loss of data in Calc, in my mind, is quite a serious statement.

Cheers

Marc