[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Accelerate Perl installer builder

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Feb 28 09:21:49 PST 2011

Hi Jan,

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 16:51 +0100, Jan Darmochwal wrote:
> This patch speeds up make_installer.pl by about 5% on linux
> (probably much less speedup on windows). The Patch is LGPLv3+/MPL.

	Nice :-) not only faster, but smaller, cleaner and more readable - I
like it, pushed to master.

> The next patch will focus on Windows speed (if I succeed in setting
> up a Windows build environment for LibreOffice).

	Thanks - it is fairly hard to profile that. The archive piece seems to
be a tad slow, but it is unclear why - luckily when we merge m98 we'll
get much better and faster component registration, so then the perl
speedups will be even more remarkable I think :-)

	Anyhow - thanks for putting love in here !

	ATB,

		Michael.