[Libreoffice] BrOffice RC2

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Jan 5 07:18:17 PST 2011

Hi Olivier,

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 18:55 +0100, Andras Timar wrote:
> 2010/12/23 Olivier Hallot <olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org>
> Although not accessible from the download page, there is a Windows
> package named BrOffice (only on windows)

	:-) So, as Andras says - this is in fact simply a symlink on the
server, to the LibreOffice binaries - so it gets the name right. All of
the windows binaries (LO and BrO) should use BrOffice branding when in
the Brazilian country code.

	David - what we are missing here is a BrOffice link when you select
pt-BR as a locale in the download page; is there any chance we can have
a special link there to:

	BrOffice_3.3.0rc2_Win_x86_install_multi.exe

	And Olivier - there should be no need to download the all_lang.exe -
there should be a smaller 206Mb multi.exe that has only 55 or so langs
instead of 110 ;-)

>         Which is nice from you guys and I thank you so much for that.

	No problem; there is one known branding bug inside the MSI, that we
need to work around before release.

>         I am testing it, so, shall I report bugs under this specific
>         package?

	There should be no need; the package is 100% common to all, it just
looks and smells like BrOffice in Brazil (we hope).

	Thanks,

		Michael.