[Libreoffice] Oracle wordbook in LibO

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Jan 5 09:16:02 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 17:01 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Heh, I wonder how the binary dictionaries were created. I guess that it
> is an older format that comes from the old StarOffice times. I suggest
> to create any new dictionary in the text format.

	Right - AFAIR I wrote the plain-text .dic format myself to avoid this
evil; there is no reason at all to have those only-machine-readable .dic
files.

	We should persuade LibO to re-export that .dic as a text file, and
simply replace it IMHO (be great to add it as an easy hack - a volunteer
for that appreciated ;-).

	Thanks,

		Michael.