[Libreoffice] Replacing tools/color.hxx with new type

Soeren Moeller soerenmoeller2001 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 08:29:04 PST 2011

Hi

I am thinking of replacing the Color class in tools/color.hxx by a new
Color type (say new_Color, of course with a better name), not
dependant on other parts of tools. The plan then would be to add casts
between tools/Color and new_Color to the tools/Color, and replace the
uses of tools/Color by the new type one by one. So now my questions
are:
- Is there already such a color type I could/should use, and where? (I
have looked different places in the tree, but without finding any)
- If I write a new color type, where in the tree should it go? (sal/
seems maybe to basic, but color does not necessary have to do with ui,
...)
- Is this strategy: "writing new type, adding casts to old type,
replacing occurrences, removing old type" appropriate?
- tools/Color uses ResId, do I understand correctly, that it is a way
of storing/retrieving objects from memory/storage, and is it
deprecated (it seems only to be implemented in tools)?

Regards
Sören Möller