[Libreoffice] Created branch libreoffice-3-3-0

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Jan 12 08:38:45 PST 2011

Hi all,

we want to reduce regressions caused by LibO-3.3.0 fixes to a real
minimum. For this purpose, we created the branch "libreoffice-3-3-0" from the tag "libreoffice-3.3.0.3". with
the following rules:

	+ any commit has to be reviewed by 3 persons
	+ preferably add only translation fixes
	+ only cherry-pick from the libreoffice-3-3 branch

The 'libreoffice-3-3' branch is still active, will be used for the
3.3.1 bugfix release and has the followig rules:

	+ any commit need review by 1 person
	+ only safe fixes are allowed
	+ changes are regularly merged into master

The "master' branch is used for 3.4 development and has the rules:

	+ free commit; do your best to do not break build and functionality
	+ any development allowed

Now, if you want to switch your clone to the libreoffice-3-3-0 branch, do:

git pull -r
bin/g pull -r
git checkout -b libreoffice-3-3-3 origin/libreoffice-3-3-3
g checkout -b libreoffice-3-3-3 origin/libreoffice-3-3-3

Hopefully it will work for you :-)  Most probably, you will also want to
do:

git config --global push.default tracking

When you do git push with this, it will try to push only the branch you
are on; ie. libreoffice-3-3-0 when you have switched to it. This will
save you some git shouting at you.

Happy hacking,
Petr