[Libreoffice] Why the heck was help ripped out of the linux langpacks? (and that *between RCs*)

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:37:17 PST 2011

Hi *,

see topic.

A drastic change once again just between release candidates, without
prior announcement, without notifiying website, etc.
(if there was an annoucnement, then I apologize, but would be thankful
if you could point me to it, I'm definitely surprised (in a bad way)
of this change, as are other people noticing it now).

So please state the reasons why this was changed.

I don't think this change makes sense at all, it just puts more burden
on non-english speakers, and on documentation and website maintainers
and on the user. Instead of two downloads, one now has to deal with
three.

I understand the need for helppacks on windows (as without them there
wouldn't be help at all)  ( - but then again I totally dislike the
multi-installer approach in the first place, but be it).

If it makes so much sense in your eyes, then why are there no
helppacks for the Mac?

I'm everything but pleased from this change so late in the cycle,
without noticable communication to the outside.

ciao
Christian