[Libreoffice] css::table::BorderLine vs BorderLine2

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Sat Jan 15 01:50:48 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 02:45:06PM +0100, Cédric Bosdonnat wrote:
> Hello David, all,
>
> I just saw this commit:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?id=0d209ac289dd5c79da6950b4c01b0cec9b7fbe6d
>
> I would like to have no BorderLine object created, but only BorderLine2:
> this new BorderLine2 is here only because I couldn't change the API to
> add one more property to BorderLine. Creating BorderLine objects means
> skipping all the new border styles and the future ones I'm working on.
Yes, but css::table::BorderLine is used by css::table::TableBorder.

> David could you provide some more details on the initial bug you wanted
> to fix?

I noticed a missing color borders of a table in a docx file. Debugging
this lead to an exception in SwXCell::setPropertyValue for property
"LeftBorder", caused by the fact that the value was of type
css::table::BorderLine. I further tracked this to
writerfilter::dmapper::DomainMapperTableHandler::endTableGetTableStyle,
where css::table::TableBorder's members (of type css::table::BorderLine,
not BorderLine2) were used as an intermediary for the property values
(incidentally, I forgot to push that part of the fix...)

D.