[Libreoffice] [FIXED] Re: debug build fails because graphite ./configure not up to date

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Jan 15 12:16:55 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 00:43 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,
> A build with --enable-debug (or is it --enable-dbgutil?) fails in
> graphite... for a problem already corrected in graphite's
> configure.ac, but its "configure" is outdated and thus the problem
> still surfaces.

Ah, I see. So I've now added a patch into that graphite module to sync
the configure.ac logic into configure.

> Before I got to the point of trying to disable -Werror (and
> understanding why it was enabled in the first place), I fixed one of
> the warnings. Patch attached, still does not hurt to apply janitorialy
> :)

Well, we do occasionally patch those "external" modules, but try to
avoid it. The ideal place to send patches to graphite would be to the
upstream graphite project and poke them to release a new update at some
stage and then just upgrade to the latest graphite.

We're behind in quite a few modules from the leading edge, we should get
up to date in more of them, e.g. hunspell, icu, hyphen, etc. and try and
reduce the custom patching.


More information about the LibreOffice mailing list