[Libreoffice] Translation updates in libreoffice-3-3-0

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 16:40:16 PST 2011

2011.01.12. 16:09 keltezéssel, Michael Meeks írta:
> Hi Andras,
>
> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 15:31 +0100, Andras Timar wrote:
>> Is it allowed to push translation updates (lo-build-* stuff) to
>> libreoffice-3-3-0 branch ?
>
> 	Yes.
>
>> (After double checking for formatting errors, including the ones that
>> Fridrich found yesterday in hr and te readme translations.)
>
> 	That seems like a good plan :-)
>
>>  Many teams reached 100% in the last two days and others are busy with
>> updating their translations.
>
> 	Sure; it would be good to get that work included.

I updated translations tonight. I cherry picked them to
libreoffice-3-3-0. 31 languages have been updated since the release of rc3.

I think bin/po2sdf is not used during the normal build, at least I've
never seen it. Maybe it was used just by me lately, when I updated the
translations. But it contained a bug. It used --fuzzy switch of po2oo
which means that fuzzy translation were used in the product. Fuzzy
translations can have completely different meaning than the original
English string. They should not be used. We have not got bugreports
about it, because usually unmaintaned languages have fuzzy translations,
and those are not tested. I fixed it:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-3&id=2c4391edd026da79e9de3c3e546cb2dad591a9b0
If you use it during the build, then it should be cherry-picked for
libreoffice-3-3-0.

As a consequence, all languages have been updated. Fuzzy (wrong)
translations have been removed.

Best regards,
Andras