[Libreoffice] This will Blow you Away . Must Read !

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Jan 17 02:01:47 PST 2011

Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 08:09 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> > Whats being done to prevent spam on the mailing lists?
>
> 	I guess - the thing that is blocking spam, is the presence of a set of
> list moderators with lots of time, willing to sift and/or approve
> legitimate mail from illegitimate mail quickly (ie. within an hour or
> so), and reliably (ie. all week around).

I wonder - I pipe my listmail through gmail, and haven't seen more
than 1 or 2 spam mails on this list since day one whatsoever (I also
didn't see the referenced one, only the replies) - how much of that
are other people getting?

Because, with a rate as low as that, clearly there's no point to
call in process-heavy moderation. IMNSHO.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten