[Libreoffice] An image editing extension for writer

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Mon Jan 17 13:32:21 PST 2011

On 17/01/11 21:02, lakmal padmakumara wrote:
> You need Java Run Time (JRE) in order to use this product .And as it
> involves some system calls this is more suitable for Windows users( I
> will update with a complete Linux version soon)
> This is still in beta phase with lot of possible improvements .And I
> also have my own "To Do" list which I'm hoping implement ASAP . You
> can visit

Ummm ...

Phasing *out* Java is on the LO "todo" list. It's going to be a long
while, but adding new Java-dependent stuff is likely to very difficult.

If it's an optioonal add-in you're prepared to support, then fine, but
don't expect it to be accepted into the base LO.

Unless, of course, you get it to work fine with gcj or something like
that doesn't require the host to have Java installed.

Cheers,
Wol