[Libreoffice] Calc crash when save as xls

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Wed Jan 19 06:15:14 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 08:50 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 14:04 +0700, Tantai Tanakanok wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have successfully built LibreOffice 3.3.0 OOO330m18 (Build:4) on
> > Ubuntu 10.04. I try to save xls from Calc. After clicking the “Keep
> > Current Format” button, the program will crash and show the following
> > error at the terminal.
> >
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::bad_index'
> >  what():  'at()' out of bounds
> >
> > Anyone has any idea what’s wrong with my build?
>
> Let me guess.  Did you build the master branch, as opposed to the
> libreoffice-3-3-0 or libreoffice-3-3 branch?

BTW I did fix one such crash case just yesterday, but there may be
lurking more.

One word of caution: if you are building from master, stability is the
last thing you should expect. ;-)  The master branch undergoes massive
unsafe changes, so crashes like this are probably common place.  If you
can fix it and send us a patch, wonderful.  Please do it and we'll
appreciate it a lot!  But if you just want to build and use it for your
daily productivity needs, then try the libreoffice-3-3 branch (or
libreoffice-3-3-0 is which for the 3.3.0 final and considered very
stable).

HTH,

Kohei

--