[Libreoffice] Serious bug on LO Windows installer

plino pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 04:10:05 PST 2011

I had already detected this and confirmed with the latest installer (for
RC4):

LO installer somehow modifies the attributes of the All Users Desktop folder
when it adds the LibreOffice lnk to the desktop.

The All Users Desktop folder is a System Folder and usually can not be
modified or deleted. After installing the LO lnk these attributes are
changed.

Even worse: if you Uninstall LO and the only item on the All Users Desktop
is the LO lnk, then the uninstaller nicely deletes the folder (which makes
sense because it is empty).

The problem is that loosing the Desktop folder causes problems with many
Windows programs.

Please fix this ASAP (I have no idea how to do it, as I mentioned before I'm
not a programmer)