[Libreoffice] [tdf-discuss] Linux distros and LibO packaging

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Thu Jan 20 06:47:47 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 02:20:45PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	On the other hand, I think Andrea is right - my hope is that lots of
> the distributions on every platform will converge more onto the
> LibreOffice core over time, and require fewer patches, and (perhaps) a
> few more configuration options.

True, but you in etther case have distro-specific things to do
(caring about FHS when others don't, system-libs wherever possible) or stuff
caused by security other other infrastructure/quality concerns (see Mozilla
Adressbook - yes, that feature is unimportant but the best example here -
which is disabled in most distributions but afaik not in "vanilla"
LibreOffice).

Grüße/Regards,

René