[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] repo base and filters: removal of extra newlines

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jan 21 03:16:47 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 03:39 +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> Attached you will find my first (but not last ;-) ) two patches.

	Great ! :-) good to have you on board.

>  I wrote a Perl script to recursively search repos for "suspicious"
> files. (Files with a lot of "empty line, code line, empty line, code
> line, ..."). As there are over 100 "suspicious" files in "filters", I
> will finish it later.

	Nice; in general I think it is perhaps only worth eliding the most
obvious chunks where 10+ code lines in files are consecutively double
spaced for no apparent reason :-)

> Should my script get pushed, too, for others to use it? And if yes,
> where should I place it?

	Certainly - lets put it in bin/ and we could turn it into a more
generic 'lint' tool over time (perhaps).

> Licensed under LGPLv3+ / MPL

	Pushed your patch (Jonathan (eagles) did the other one earlier). It
might be an idea to leave him to do the whitespace stuff, and see if
your valuable perl skills can be applied to cleaning up eg. build.pl and
make_installer.pl pieces which are in dire need of some perl love :-)

	Anyhow, great to have you around & thanks again,

		Michael.