[Libreoffice] Named range in DataPilot

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Fri Jan 21 21:52:28 PST 2011

Hi there,

I just merged the feature/dp-named-range-source branch into master.
With this merge, you can now use a named range to specify the data
source of a data pilot table.  The name of the range can be entered into
the 'Selection From' field where you normally enter the data source
range.  (You need to click 'More' in the main dialog to see that field.)

I've also taken care of the ods import export, and the xls import export
of this new feature.  For those of you who are strict ODF purists, this
feature requires an extension of the standard ODF, so it will write an
extra attribute that's not yet in the standard.  However, I've already
logged my proposal for the required file format change in the ODF TC bug
database.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3665

One caveat.  You can only enter a range name into an existing data pilot
table at the moment.  You can't create a new table using a range name as
the data source yet.  I may work on this at a later time once I have
some idea of what UI change is required.

BTW, while working on this, I've discovered & fixed a weird data-pilot
refresh issue.  I thought I'd mention.

Testing appreciated.

Kohei

--