[Libreoffice] make errors installing dependencies at libIDL - mac osx

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Jan 24 08:43:54 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 15:56 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Michael Meeks
> > [libIDL is obsolete]
> >        I'm also somewhat curious as to why glib2 is used there too,
>
> mozilla/seamnkey requires libIDL, that in turn requires glib2 and that
> in turn gettext...
..
> Get rid of the need or libIDL and you already got rid of the others :-)

	Oh - wow :-) what fun - we of course, have no need to translate error
messages, and really no need to use glib in libIDL. I see in
xpcom/typelib/xpidl/README:

xpidl depends on Andrew Veliath and Elliot Lee's libIDL, a part of the
GNOME ORBit C ORB.  We currently require libIDL >= 0.6.3, which in turn
requires glib >= 1.2.0.

	which is quite comic. Taras - any ideas as to how we can build our
embedded mozilla code on OS/X / Windows without requiring glib / iconv
(and/or preferably libIDL) :-) ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.