[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Make CC/CXX configurable again (there's a gcc-4.0 incompat on mac)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jan 27 02:07:21 PST 2011

Hi Thorsten,

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 16:55 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> this is for libreoffice-3-3 - I have a local fix in place to be able
> to build in the first place, on OSX 10.6 with latest XCode.

	:-)

> I cannot see a reason why to clobber CC/CXX, FWIW, in master, this
> code is gone for good anyway - Michael, do you recall?

	Goodness; no - I have no idea :-) I guess I was prolly trying to make
the build more repeatable or something, not sure.

	The world is prolly different to that in 2004 ;-) so I'm fine with
dropping that; git annotate shows it came from:

commit a27d89c1d7bcea82e38caea07cd7b0b19b279331
Author: Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz>
Date:   Fri Oct 15 15:39:28 2004 +0000

    Issue numbers for the parallel make patches.

    * configure.in,
    bin/build-ooo,
    bin/setup.in:
    - Bin --with-ccache-allowed and --with-num-jobs, which are both
    confusing.
    - Introduced --with-gcc-speedup= which can be 'ccache', 'icecream',
    or 'ccache,icecream'; it will setup the CC and CXX variables as
    needed. --with-icecream-bindir and --with-icecream-max-jobs can be
    used to change icecream's defaults.

    * patches/src680-m55/apply: Issue numbers for the parallel make
    patches.

	Should be fine on libreoffice-3-3 too.

	ATB,

		Michael.