[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] remove unused declaration - an unlikely fix for armel segfault in regcomp

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jan 27 06:44:31 PST 2011

Hi Jani,

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 15:42 +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> this declaration seems to not be used.

	Right :-)

> A similar one exists in the file token.cxx in formula/ where this was
> copied from according to the comments.

	Indeed.

> This, in combination with some toolchain issue I guess caused regcomp
> crashing on Ubuntu armel at the install phase.

	Those are a real pain to debug - thanks for getting that far :-)

> From what I gathered so far the FixedMemPool destructor for the first
> instance (in formula's token.cxx) was overwritten by the destructor in
> sc's token.cxx.

	I suppose that would happen via interposing.

> When running these destructors in regcomp's atexit/fini, the formula one
> was never called, while the sc one was called twice resulting in the
> segfault.

	Right - the code is the same in both cases; but we initialize two
static members with the same name, and then we can only resolve to the
first one (I loathe the broken interposing ELF mis-feature ;-)

> I don't know if this was the case for other arch's as well and they were
> just lucky in avoiding the segfault, or it's an armel toolchain issue at
> play as well.

	Somehow we avoided it (I guess).

	Having said that, it is already fixed in master, so I just merged your
patch to libreoffice-3-3 - so it will be in 3.3.1.

	Great to have you contributing, and looking forward to any other funky
ARM pieces you have. Out of interest - did the unit tests execute
correctly during the build ?

	Thanks !

		Michael.