[Libreoffice] How do I update my download?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 23:14:12 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Ron House <rhouse at smartchat.net.au> wrote:
> Hi, sorry for a beginner's question, but I downloaded the libreoffice code
> base from git about a month ago, and I want to update it to be the same as
> the recently released version 3.3 without having to download it all again.
> Can anyone help out? I think, but am not sure, that the version I have is
> what in cvs is called the head - not sure about git terminology.
>
> If it is too hard to convert to version 3.3, then how do I simply update the
> version I have from the current git repositories?

Normally it should as simple as refreshing your git repositories and
switching branch... the problem is that
since then the main branch has known some important change in the way
we build things...
so I suggest you do this:

./bin/g fetch

./bin/g checkout libreoffice-3.3.0 origin/libreoffice-3.3.0

and then build the way you did last time (autogen etc...)

Norbert

Note that your branch 'master' won't be updated. this was on purpose
(./bin/g fetch instead of the more tradition - for us - ./bin/g pull
-r)
to allow you to switch to the libreoffcie-3.3.0 branch without too
many manual tweaking