[Libreoffice] Reworking build.pl: What to do with the "--html" and "--interactive" parameters

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jan 28 01:33:27 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 04:58 +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> I analyzed the build.pl script to get rid of the "--server" parameter.
> While looking through the code I discovered two other parameters
> "--html" and "--interactive". Both generate a html page that should
> show an updated progress of the build.

	Rip them out :-)

>  When activated, those parameters indeed generate a html page, but the
> only update information is a "Build finished" message at the end of
> the build.

	Lol.

> Now my question: Do we need these features and should they be
> corrected to work properly or shall I get rid of those parameters and
> their corresponding sub routines, too?

	Please do hack out anything you see that obviously doesn't make
sense :-) There is a lot of history in build.pl, and a lot of things
that are created primarily for an internal Hamburg build system that is
not Free Software, so - lets kill them all and simplify our lives.

	Thanks,

		Michael.