[Libreoffice] RC4 / Windows size analysis ...

Steve Butler sebutler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 05:06:56 PST 2011

On 28 January 2011 20:29, Steve Butler <sebutler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>> > I have no idea how this would be integrated into the build process as I'm
>> > not even sure where it is called from, but happy if someone wants to
>> > take up the challenge and/or incorporate it as an installer process.

Baby steps... this patch uses the idxdict program to build the idx files instead
of the perl script.

It appears the .idx files are only intermediate and the final products
are .oxt files
that are actually zip files containing the dictionaries, thesaurus,
index files and
licensing files and so on.

I still haven't looked at how these are used by libreoffice but it
means actually
generating the .idx files at install time may also require adding the
index to the zip,
which makes things a little trickier than I anticipated.

--
Regards,
Steven Butler