[Libreoffice] Rationale for replacing Java with anything but c++ (was Re: web based libre office)

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Fri Jan 28 06:06:17 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 14:46 +0100, Thorsten Guenther wrote:
> I would like to provide a Java-API for remote controlling LO. That is
> what can be done today with the UNO API. So the new API should be
> implemented as wrapper, hiding as much UNO'isms as possible,
> presumably
> for the cost of reduced functionality. Goal is to provide a friendly
> looking tool for Java (or any JVM-Language) developers who want to
> automate Document creation / manipulation with LO.

Someone else has tried something very similar there many years ago.

http://sao.sourceforge.net/

The project may have been abandoned by now (sure looks like it), but
perhaps you can pick up his basic ideas or (license permitting) his code
to start from.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc