[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Re: Horizontal glyph adjustments are ignored with ICU layout

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 06:17:44 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 17:03 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 11:22 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> > Anybody here with ideas what we can do so that the patch helps Khaled,
> > and is as safe as possible? - so that we can commit it, and fix the
> > consequences later if anything happens?
>
> Where things are most likely to go wrong are with e.g. Indic text.
> What's ideally needed is some before and after tests with e.g. Hindi,
> Tamil, text that needs (the infamous) reordering processing.

Ok, so I pulled down our RedHat Indic test cases and they appear to be
the same before and after for this, so it doesn't obviously break
anything.

It seems more of a band-aid than a full fix to me, but it does improve
the attached to fdo#31016 test case. So I've pushed this now and added a
little one-liner define around the relevant bit to make it easy to
disable if any problems do arise.

So thanks for this, CTL rendering is rather tricky, and while there's
been a fair amount of work on Indic languages, Arabic is probably the
one in worst shape.

Can we take it that your submission is under our recommended LGPLv3+/MPL
licence ?

As an aside I'll try and see if we can free-up our RH Indic internal
rendering tests and submit them to libreoffice for regression testing.

C.