[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] RC4 / Windows size analysis ...
michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jan 28 06:46:16 PST 2011
On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 23:06 +1000, Steve Butler wrote:
> Baby steps... this patch uses the idxdict program to build the idx files instead
> of the perl script.
Great - it turns out we needed to use $(AUGMENT_LIBRARY_PATH) to make
this work - essentially setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before we ran the
helper. I also removed the old perl tool.
> It appears the .idx files are only intermediate and the final products
> are .oxt files
Right; although, I suspect there is no real point in shipping these as
> I still haven't looked at how these are used by libreoffice but it
> means actually generating the .idx files at install time may also
> require adding the index to the zip, which makes things a little
> trickier than I anticipated.
Oh - sure; we can perhaps drop the extension format for these guys, and
just package the files directly in a bundle; that means some poking in
scp2 and the deliver piece (prj/d.lst). Should speed up build time as
well (checkout extras/ for how this sort of thing often goes).
Of course - we want to ship the indexes on Linux (I suspect), since
running tools at install time is a tad painful, and we don't have quite
the same size constraints.
I see the thesaurus code seems to live inside mythes ( which seems to
include a duplicate of your idxdict tool in perl again inside a patch -
we should probably try to unwind that ). Mythes is an external thing -
so we have some pristine source & patches, and it builds into
Then 'mythes' seems to be used in lingucomponent/ somewhere - I suppose
that is where to be digging for the user code. I suspect if we can read
and index this file in two seconds - and it is used in response to user
input - there may not really be a lot of value in indexing it ahead of
time, but ... ;-) worth playing with that.
michael.meeks at novell.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
More information about the LibreOffice