[Libreoffice] Reworking build.pl: What to do with the "--html" and "--interactive" parameters

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:53:25 PST 2011

Hi Michael, *,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 15:29 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> No, please don't --html in combination with --dontgraboutput is
>> usefull for parallel builds to have the output not interwoven.
>> (or add that feature with other means.
>
>        So - the requirement is that we log each build's output to somewhere,
> as well as the console, so it can be got without being mangled up with
> other stuff ?

Having it at the console is important for tinderbox/buildbot use. the
html switch controls the order it is being printed, not ABBBAAAB, but
AAAABBBB - that it generates a html status page is just a side-effect
in this usecase.

>        Could we just drop that in the module's build directory ?

Wenn you kill the file in the module's build directory, you kill the
html page's "show the log" feature, as the individual module's log is
loaded by the "master" html-page.

build --html will create both the status-html (the "progress bar" as
well as putting the module's log into <localoutput>/misc/log (IIRC).
So it does that already. Or might be that I misundertsand completely.

I don't have strong feelings about having the actual html page or not.
When I started building, I used it quite a bit, but now I do automated
builds, so I don't sit and wait "man, when it is finished" :-)

ciao
Christian