[Libreoffice] MS-Windows : about dictionaries installation

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at orange.fr
Sun Jan 30 03:01:08 PST 2011

Le 30/01/2011 10:54, Jesús Corrius a écrit :
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure
> <jbf.faure at orange.fr> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Many MS-Windows users are surprised that LibreOffice default
>> installation contains all dictionaries although they have the UI only in
>> their locale and English.
>> I think that default installation should contain only dictionaries in
>> the same languages as the UI.
>>
>> Is it a bug or a feature ? ;-)
>> If it a bug I will file a bug report. If it is a feature, please explain
>> the rationale.
> Doesn't work in places where you have more than one official language.
> You need dictionaries in several languages, not only the one of your
> UI.

Yes, but why ~20 dictionaries ? Do you know peoples who need and are
able to write twenty different languages ?

I think the best user friendly installation method should be to ask the
user to choose itself the dictionnaries he wants, whatever the
installation method chosen is (default or custom). With two buttons
"deselect all" and "select all".

Best regards
JBF