[Libreoffice] "Upgrade" packages for windows

Arno Teigseth arnotixe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 07:44:12 PST 2011

Hi

This might be the correct list to post this:

A microsoft fanboy/employee complains on a norwegian discussion site
that "you have to download the whole openoffice to upgrade or to fix
problems"

(guess this applies to libreoffice too)

That is, he's complaining that to go from 3.2 to 3.2.1 he had to
download the whole installer and run it.

Someone pointed out that on linux, the distribution is (can be)
package-based, so that he would avoid that.

Now, is it possible/interesting to have such a feature, that people can
download "fixes" (Microsoft would call them hotfixes) to Libreoffice?

To me it looks a bit ugly, but it could be just a question of replacing
the binaries/files that differ from last version. I don't know enough
about this to say if it's a Good Idea or a Bad Idea (tm)

[The microsoft guy didn't mention whether you need to download the whole
thing when you upgrade office, nor if you have to pay, nor the MS office
installer size: some 500M just for the "student edition"]

just a few of my cents,

best
Arno