[Libreoffice] "Upgrade" packages for windows

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Sun Jan 30 08:25:26 PST 2011

> Now, is it possible/interesting to have such a feature, that people can
> download "fixes" (Microsoft would call them hotfixes) to Libreoffice?

"hotfixes" are a completely different technology, not suitable for upgrades of large complex software libe OOo or LibreOffice at all.

What exists, and could in theory be used, is Windows Installer patches (.msp files).

But, they are so horribly hard to produce and get to work reliably (trust, me, I have been there, done that, got the t-shirt) that we don't want to.

--tml