[Libreoffice] git submodule

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Mon Jan 31 06:39:41 PST 2011

Hi Tobias,

On 2011-01-30 at 20:56 +0100, Tobias Rosenberger wrote:

> is there a reason why you don't use "git submodule" for managing the
> other repos in the build repo?

The reason is that so far nobody researched that enough, to be able to
judge if it would help us, or not :-)  From what I know about the
submodules, it fits more some kind of release tree (our 'build'
repository), than the bleeding edge - but I may be completely wrong :-)

Can you please do a bit of research in that regard, and summarize how we
would gain from using git submobule?

Thank you a lot,
Kendy