[Libreoffice] RTF support

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Jul 4 16:00:21 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 12:54:58PM -0700, tracey002 <wpiis at gte.net> wrote:
> Using the downloaded source dated June 19th and 20th of 2011.
> Except for the RTFScanner.lex file (dated June 19th, 2011) which had RTF
> Controls listed, I ended up searching for the string "RTF_" and assumed
> that the uppercase alpha characters that followed are RTF controls (that
> appeared to be the pattern anyway).

Yep, both the old and the new import filter uses RTF_FOO to parse \foo.
The exporter uses OOO_STRING_SVTOOLS_RTF_FOO.

> Of the 1807 RTF Controls found in the March 2008 1.9.1 Specification,
> 1,333 need to be added to the Import Routine and 1,419 need to be added
> to the Export Routine (see attached).

Nah, just adding them is easy - the real trick is to implement them. Is
there any area where you would be interested to help? I would suggest
contributing to the exporter, as that one is not under heavy
development.

> 66 controls used in the import and/or export routine require definition
> because they do not appear in the March 2008 1.9.1 Specification (see
> attached).

Attachement stripped - probably you need to get an email client instead
of nabble if you want to send attachements.

Still, if you could put a table to the wiki containing those 66
keywords, then we could start writing oneliner documentations for them -
that would be a great start.