[Libreoffice] Android versions that we will compile LO for

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Tue Jul 5 14:07:27 PDT 2011

> I thought Android was Java,

Yes and no. You can use libraries written in C, C++, or whatever language that is compiled to binary code on Android, too.

> do  you plan to rewrite LO in Java?

Of course not. (On the contrary, we are working to *reduce* the use of Java in general in LO.) The GUI of some future Android app(s) that would use code from LO would presumably be written in Java.

Note that it isn't as if anybody would have any exact plans. (Or at least, nobody is telling them publicly.)

--tml