[Libreoffice] [GSoc] Questions for the mid-term evaluation

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Thu Jul 7 01:08:29 PDT 2011

Hi all,

The mid terms evaluations will have to be filled next week before 19:00
UTC 15 July. Carol Smith from Google kindly provided us the questions in
advance for you to prepare your answer before if you like.

If you have some hesitation regarding how to answer a question don't
hesitate to ping either Fridrich or me (I'll be off from the end of the
week).

Regards,
--
Cedric

----- %< Questions %< -----

   1. How many years have you been a mentor for Google Summer of Code
(Total - this doesn't have to be consecutive)?
      1. This is my first year
      2. 2-3 years
      3. More than 3 years
   2. At what point did you first make contact with your student?
      1. Before the program was announced
      2. After my organization was selected to participate in Google
Summer of Code
      3. During the student application/acceptance phase of the program
      4. During the community bonding period
      5. After the start of coding
   3. How often do you and your student interact?
      1. Daily
      2. Every few days
      3. Weekly
      4. Every few weeks
      5. Monthly
   4.  How do you communicate with your student? (Check all that apply)
      1. Voice (phone, Skype, etc.)
      2. IM/IRC
      3. Private emails
      4. Mailing Lists
      5. Student blog updates
      6. In-person meeting(s)
   5. Of the communication methods listed above, which do you use most
frequently?
   6. How much time do you spend on Google Summer of Code per week (take
into consideration your interactions with your student as well as time
working with your org and on your own).
      1. 1-5 hours
      2. 5-10 hours
      3. 10-15 hours
      4. 15-20 hours
      5. More than 20 hours per week
   7. How many time zones apart from your student are you?
      1. Less than 3
      2. 3-6
      3. More than 6
   8. How often do you require status updates from your student?
      1. Daily
      2. Every few days
      3. Weekly
      4. Only when explicitly asked for by me
   9. Please rate the quality of your interactions and communications
with the student (consider his/her communication with you as well as
your responses).
      1. Very Good (Student is regularly responsive and the quality of
communication is high)
      2. Good (Student is somewhat responsive and the quality of
communication is ok)
      3. Bad (Student is only somewhat or not at all responsive and the
quality of communication is low)
   10. Please rate the quality of the student's interactions with your
organization and community.
      1. Very Good (Student is regularly responsive and the quality of
communication is high)
      2. Good (Student is somewhat responsive and the quality of
communication is ok)
      3. Bad (Student is only somewhat or not at all responsive and the
quality of communication is low)
   11. Is your student on track to complete his/her project?
      1. The student has already completed his/her project
      2. He/she is ahead of schedule
      3. He/she is on schedule
      4. He/she is behind schedule
   12. Please rate the quality of code/work the student has produced
thus far.
      1. Amongst the best people I've ever worked with
      2. Solid-quality performance
      3. Good performance
      4. Mediocre performance
      5. Disappointing or not performing at all
   13. Give an example of a very good or very bad interaction you had
with your student.
   14. What one thing could you do to improve the quality of interaction
and communications with your student?
   15. Anything else you'd like to tell us or suggestions on how we
could improve the program?
   16. For the midterm evaluation, should this student pass or fail?
      1. Pass
      2. Fail