[Libreoffice] [GSOC] Report #5. Wizards

André Schnabel andre.schnabel at gmx.net
Fri Jul 8 14:24:11 PDT 2011

Hi Peter,

sorry for randomly jumping in with just some side-notes ...

Am 06.07.2011 22:10, schrieb Peter Jentsch:
> I'm unsure about where to put the xliff files, because I'm completely
> ignorant of the translation workflow and the different places where
> translatable items are put in order to get easily picked up by translators.

If we want to go that way, Andras Timar might have an idea about where
to store this stuff.

> Plus, I found xliff allows for a lot of things, and the Xslt script will
> make a few assumptions on how (simple) the xliff file is structured, so
> the process might break easily if the translation tools want to do nasty
> things with the xliff file (that a fully working xliff toolchain would
> be required to understand). But maybe that's not happening anyway, and
> in practice it's less complex than it looks on first sight.

Afaik there is hardly any "fully working FOSS-based xliff toolchain"
that includes translation editors and complext xliff files.

Translate toolkit has a quite good support for XLIFF <-> po conversion
(as long as you do not use advanced xliff features). If we want to go
that way, I could test the conversion and how this works for a translator.

regards,

André