[Libreoffice] Urgent notice of Intellectual Property protection

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Sat Jul 9 09:58:14 PDT 2011

I received one of these.  I did a little nosing around an found what they were talking about with regard to one of my domain names.

I don't know if it is a real threat to squat on a related domain name or it is a way to extract "protection money."

In my case, I told them I was not concerned about other registrations and if they required some sort of official quite claim from me I would be glad to supply it.  I received an acknowledgment and no further contact ever.

I have never received one of these for a domain name that was not associated with a business or organization.  Only my business domain.

 - Dennis