[Libreoffice] [GSOC][patch] Multiline inputbar

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Tue Jul 12 06:17:21 PDT 2011

Hi Anurag,

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 08:28 +0530, Anurag Jain wrote:

> 1: Setting the proper output area when the toggling happens. I've
> tried working on it but was not able to get vertical offset proper
> when in multiline mode. So need to look more into its mathematics.
>
> 2: As Noel mentioned in, his last mail that I'm setting the height to
> TBX_WINDOW_HEIGHT instead it can be more than that. I tried fetching
> the current height in ScMultiTextWnd::Resize() and setting the correct
> height but I did some wrong implementation and LO was crashing because
> of that. So I'd need to look into that too.
>
> 3: The third thing is, when the resize happens, the ScInputWindow i.e
> toolbox  doesn't resize. The overflow of the child window is hidden
> inside ScInputWindow.

We already talked about the next step in IRC, so this is just a
formality.

We are now focusing on resolving item 3 since without it it's hard to
resolve the other issues.  ScInputWindow is not resizing on button push
because we are not resizing it.  We need to explicitly resize
ScInputWindow on button press since there is no automatic resizing of
any sort with the VCL controls.

When ScInputWindow gets resized, it will in turn resize its immediate
child control ScInputBarGroup, which will resize ScMultiTextWnd, in this
order.  Let's get that resolved first, before looking into the other
issues.

Meanwhile your patch has been committed & pushed to the feature branch.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida at novell.com>