[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Don't default to 'Selection' in the print dialog in Writer

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Jul 14 01:57:14 PDT 2011

Hi Andre,

Andre Schnabel píše v Čt 14. 07. 2011 v 09:54 +0200:

> > Please let me know if this breaks some particularly useful use case; I
> > hope it does not.  Somebody who wants to print the selection knows what
> > she wants to achieve, so she is ready to select the 'Selection' option;
> > this is not true the other way around when somebody selects something
> > accidentally, and wants to print.
>
> If we had a persona "Andre" this would love to just select a range and text,
> press Ctrl+P, Return. As we do not have such a Persona, it's only
> my very private use case ;)

For this, the 'Print directly' functionality is particularly useful - it
just asks you if you want to print the selection, or the entire document
when something is selected (defaults to 'Selection', so you can indeed
just hit Enter), and that's it.  Maybe we should just bind 'Print
directly' to a shortcut, like Ctrl+Shift+p, and it would fulfill even
the "persona Andre" needs? ;-)

Thank you,
Kendy