[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #8

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 11:45:10 PDT 2011

Hi all,
first off I received the confirmation from Google that I passed
the midterm evaluation, I know that part of this result is due
to my mentors, Thorsten and Fridrich but also to all those
LibreOffice community members that helped me to solve several issues.
So a big thank to everyone! :)

This week I spent all time in reading source code and
documentation, so you will not find any new patch.
Anyway this is the work I performed from the last report:

== 1 ==
Analyzed the implementation of JessyInk about animation effects
and slide transitions.

== 2 ==
Played with Impress effects and created a simple animation for each
possible settings. Implemented a routine for print out all the
animation effect of a shape. I found out that effect properties of
shapes are fake-properties: nothing about the effect involving the
shape can be extracted from them. Asked for help ...

== 3 ==
... and I readily got help from Fridrik Strba and Radek Doulík.
The latter one pointed out that the implementation for exporting a
presentation in powerpoint where it is shown the correct way to
access all animation effects that belong to a given slide. I read
the essential parts of  SMIL documentation supported by Impress.

== 4 ==
I started reading the AnimationExport implementation and I looked
inside an odp presentation document to see how exported animations
look like.

You can read more details on my updated log book here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12pIrnHkqcUu9xUbI7qblTofx1P-A4gP6J-4D2oEvphE/edit?hl=en_US

Cheers,
      Marco