[Libreoffice] REVIEW: allow to call "make distro-pack-install" with normal user

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Mon Jul 18 09:40:28 PDT 2011

Am Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:11:00 +0200
schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>:

> Am Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:39:26 +0200
> schrieb Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > the attached patch fixes two problems found when calling make
> > distro-pack-install" as normal user.
> >
> > It would be great to get it into libreoffice-3-4-2 branch.
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > Petr
> >

> Booth issues seem fixed for me. Thanks.
>
> -Andy

Hm. Maybe too fast answered. How do you build your packages?

I'm doing a fake install with:
make DESTDIR=${srcdir}/fakeinstall distro-pack-install
and the I move the files from ${srcdir}/fakeinstall into the splitted
packaging directories using block per pkg this:

 # create directories from *list.txt file
 for directory in `grep ^%dir
 ${srcdir}/build/file-lists/common_list.txt`; do
   install -dm755 ${pkgdir}/${directory/\%dir/}
 done
 # install files into the pkg from fakeinstall dir
 for file in `grep -v ^%dir $srcdir/build/file-lists/common_list.txt`; do
  dirname=`dirname $file`
  # check if directory has been already been created - some are missing like manpages
  [ -d ${pkgdir}/$dirname ] || install -dm755 ${pkgdir}/$dirname
  # mv file from fakeinstall to pkgdir
  mv ${srcdir}/fakeinstall${file} ${pkgdir}$file
 done

That doesn't move the /usr/bin/soffice symlink into the common pkg. No
big deal. I can recreate it but maybe I would miss other links in
future builds as well.

Do you have a more elegant way that prevents this?

-Andy

/bin/distro-install-clean-up
Cleaning up ...
Fixing permissions...
Checking for DESTDIR inside installed files...
./bin/distro-install-desktop-integration
Copying icons ..
Copying GNOME icons ..
chmod: cannot operate on dangling symlink `/build/src/fakeinstall/usr/bin/libreoffice' ???
/build/src/build
/build/src/build
Install /usr/bin/lobase