[Libreoffice] converting to new build system

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 01:54:32 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

On 19 July 2011 01:07, Mike Eberdt <libreme at comcast.net> wrote:
> My 'dmake' fu is basically non-existent, so I haven't poked at this
> seriously yet.  And as I understand it, a transition is underway to GNU
> make, so I guess I've been a bit reluctant to put a lot of time into
> learning the old build system.  However, I didn't notice any info in the
> Developers section of the Wiki about using the new build system, or helping
> with the migration, etc.  Is this something that mere mortals can contribute
> to, or should I just wait for the grand unveiling? :)

I'm really glad you wrote this. I think there is always possibility to help.
For example adding visibility marks to exported objects should be
easy, there are still some .map files to be processed.

I'm not sure but may be it's already planned to write some info somewhere.
If there are people willing to help, that's great.
Moreover, there is always possibility to learn.

I have to work now on converting modules to gbuild, so I could move on
with my GSoC project.
Maybe you could help.

Best,
Matus