[Libreoffice] Mac OS 10.4 Support

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 24 12:42:59 PDT 2011

Hi Tor, * (now all, wrong button the first time...),

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist at novell.com> wrote:
>> Having lion doesn't force you to install the latest version of XCode, or does it?
>
> Well, if you want to use Xcode 4.x, it must be Xcode 4.1 (the latest). An Xcode 4(.0) you had in 10.6 tells you to upgrade when you try to use it on 10.7.

If you take this position, the just moving the baseline to 10.5
doesn't work, you would have to raise the bar to intel-only (10.6 and
above), and that hopefully is out of the question.

> I haven't tried if one can run the IDE of Xcode 3.2.6 on Lion. (At least the command-line tools from it work fine.)

Mailing-list, blog posts, etc state this is a no-brainer, and also the
artificial installation check that prevents installation of 3.2.6 is
easily disabled.
After all Lion has no problem when updating from a previous version
that had 3.2.6 installed, it won't prevent you from using it (again
judging from mailinglist/blog posts, no own experience with Lion)

two blogs with inststruction on how to disable the check that prevents
installation of 3.2.6
http://catacombae.blogspot.com/2011/07/installing-xcode-326-in-mac-os-x-lion.html
http://anatomicwax.tumblr.com/post/7906770311/installing-xcode-3-2-6-on-lion

ciao