[Libreoffice] Mac OS 10.4 Support

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:00:03 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok it is easier to discuss based on actual code... so:
>>
>> the attaches patch, allow for --with-mac-sdk=10.x to be specified
>> the default is the lowest SDK available in /Developer/SDKs
>
> regarding the default see the other posts.
>
> just regarding
> -MACDEVSDK*=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
> +MACDEVSDK*=$(MACSDK_PATH)
>
> time to get rid of that from the external modules. That is basically a
> hack for Hamburg's non-configure based environment.

I'm not sure what you mean. that variable is used in external module,
in gbuild and in 'dmake' to set -isysroot to the proper value.
(right now, gbuld for instance, hard-code MacOS10.4u.sdk)
How do you suggest we do that ?

> (same for the .IF "$(SYSBASE)"!="" checks in various makefiles)

Agreed. There is no reason to worry about SYSBASE != /Developer/SDKs
and if someone installed a SDK at a non-standard location, they can
always ln -s it

> get rid of that special treatment in the individual modules' makefiles.
>
> And probably a switch --with-macosx-deployment-target would be more
> appropriate/consistent

ok but not instead of but in addition to --with-mac-sdk (or
--with-macosx-sdk if you prefer)
because you can build with a sdk 10.6 and a deployment-target of 10.4
(at least that is how I understood the <AvailabilityMacros.h> )

>> The patch does not check that your CC anc CCX make sens based on the
>> SDK selected (ToDO list)
>
> Well, but it should/must....
> Either by simple version check as it is currently done, or by a
> compile/link test.
> Configure must not pass when the combination of SDK and compiler is
> not suitable.

Agreed.

Norbert