[Libreoffice] Preparing announcement of the 3.4.2 release

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 04:27:39 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 02:18 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
>     Still, there are some issues that I would have to advice my
> customers about (in my work providing professional support for
> enterprises), since they could have effect on their specific work.

If you wish to have a "enterprise-ready" or "enterprise-ready" concept,
you then need to have an objective set of criteria that defines what
that is. A check-list of features, bugs, or something. Ideally something
which could then be coded into a automated regression test, and make the
whole thing completely moot by cutting off at the knees the possibility
of regression/changes happening of becoming non-enterprise ready. I
don't think any release is likely to meet an open-ended set
enterprise-ready criteria.

Especially as, as happens with "blocker bugs", there is a tendency for
but reporters to naturally attempt to escalate a bug which matters to
them to the top priority to try and get it seen above the crowd. So
enterprise-ready would just gets hijacked.

C.