[Libreoffice] file-selector oddness / duplication ...

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Mon Jul 25 09:27:29 PDT 2011

On 21/07/11 12:19, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> 	I was wondering why:
>
> 	sc/source/ui/vba/vbaapplication.cxx
> and
> 	sc/source/ui/vba/vbafiledialog.cxx
>
> 	had this complicated duplication of this big ugly block:
I have *no* idea, even though I committed this code it is not ours ( it
was a contribution of new api  ), you would think the Application object
would use the FileDialog object ( or at least share the implementation
if not )
[...]
> 	AFAIR only those two services implement xFilePicker2 anyway - so it
> -looks- to me as if all of it is redundant except for:
>
> 	if ( xFilePicker2.is() )
>
> 	which of course we should always prefer.
>
> 	Any idea why that heavy-lifting service name check is there ? I'd like
> to bin it from both places: in future all fpicker services should use
> XFilePicker2 (ideally).

yeah, I agree if XFilePicker2 is available then it should be preferred,
the code here seems to purposely try and do the opposite except for the
2 exceptions above. I wonder was there some instance where XFilePicker2
methods were not behaving for some other filepicker instance, other than
that I see no reason to keep that check

Noel