[Libreoffice] smoketest fails

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 02:02:03 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 20:46 -0400, Terrence Enger wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I configured with options
>         --disable-mozilla
>         --enable-symbols
>         --enable-debug
>         --enable-dbgutil
>         --enable-crashdump
>         --without-junit
> and `make` seemed to complete normally, although I did notice
> warnings going by.
>
> Now, `make dev-install` or `build` in smoketestoo_native/ fail
> in various ways.
>
> I have found
> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug#Debugging_cppunit_tests>,
> and I am trying with gdb to work slowly toward the problem.
> Meanwhile, I wonder if  I might be the first to try what I
> used to know in openoffice as a non-product build?

> Will the smoketest survive a raised assertion?

Hmm, it depends. In indeed might be failing on a debug-only assertion. I
do run it in --enable-dbgutil mode but not --enable-debug.

For the smoketest itself, if it fails the best thing to do is to run it
manually, it's just a document with some macros in it and draws a pretty
table at the end of what failed and what passed. So, after a failed make
dev-install, you still have an install in
solver/350/unxlng*/installation

run the soffice from there, turn off macro security with
options->security->macros->low and manually open the smoketestdoc.sxw in
smoketestdoc/unxlng*/bin and click the start button and see what
happens.

C.