[Libreoffice] Small Question About sal_* Types

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:55:55 PDT 2011

2011/7/26 Marc-André Laverdière <marc-andre at atc.tcs.com>:
> This patch is bringing up a small question:
>
> I thought we were trying to standardize the code to use sal_* types
> everywhere...
>
> Can anyone confirm/deny that?

and also, more generally for local variable that have no impact
what-so-ever with UNO interface it is ok to use standard type like
size_t

I _personnaly_ (as-in that is not necessarily a consensus view) think
that sal_* type should be reserved exclusively for UNO interface. and
for stuff that need 'cross-platform' serialization in general. that
would have the merit of drawing attention to these border-zone.
But of course that benefit would require a complete an systematic
review of sal_* usage... which is not practical... so the compromise
is use sal_* for sure in UNO case and serialisation case, but other
than that, let dev be and use sane standard type if they want to.

Norbert